How to Remove Mildew from a Canvas Tent
There's something about opening your canvas tent and finding a suprise "inside" when unrolled, the surprise is finding mildew that has developed on the canvas by accidently storing away wet, it is a good practice to pack away dry. If it is raining while taking down then the tent can be packed away and unrolled when you get the first opportunity.. Provided below is a mixture for removing the mildew without having to replace the tent...
- Start off with 5 quarts of water
- Add 1 quart of vinegar
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of liquid dish soap.
- Use a sponge to wash only the affected area.
- If needed use a gentle brush on the fabric without scrubbing too hard.
- Then after washing the material rinse the fabric with water and allow tent to dry completely before rolling it up and packing away..