Use Propane Safely, Use GasStop! POL GasStop is an emergency shut-off safety device for propane gas systems. In the event of a major leak, POL GasStop will automatically shut-off 100% of the gas supply immediately-mechanically. A 'must have' safety device to protect families with RVs that have propane systems on board. Manufactured to the highest quality standards, individually tested, and backed by a 5-year warranty. Easy to install, with a high-quality propane pressure indicator the ACME valves or the POL shut off valve.
- POL GasStop will instantly and automatically shut off the supply of gas in the event of a major leak or system failure.
- GasStop is easy to install and easy to use
- POL GasStop can also be used to test for minor leaks prior to use
- UL listed and independently tested, in accordance with ISO standards
- The useful pressure gauge will let you know when your gas is running low, letting you plan your refill ahead of time
- Every GasStop is made using the highest quality materials and the latest manufacturing and testing technology
- Comes with a 5 year warranty. Proud to provide the highest quality devices
- Using propane is a great way to bring your home comforts with you on the road
- Use the ACME or POL GasStop to enhance the safety of your RV 5th wheel OR tow behind trailer gas system while enjoying the added benefit of monitoring your gas pressure levels quickly
- Product Dimensions - 3.8 x 1.4 x 2.4 inches
- Material - BRASS
- Batteries Required - NO
- Weight 0.5 LBS
Always check your system for leaks before use. The POL GasStop pressure gauge is sensitive to minor drops in pressure, making it is a useful tool to use when performing a visual lock-up pressure test, also known as a pressure tightness test or pressure decay test. This test can only be carried out prior to normal gas usage. During normal gas usage, GasStop will not shut off the system in the event of a minor leak. During normal gas usage GasStop will only shut off in the event of a major leak. To test your system for leaks:
- Set up your system as described in your instructions. Turn off the tap on the gas cylinder. Now turn off your gas appliance(s).
- Now turn the gas cylinder back on. Keep all appliances off for the time being.
- Pump the pressure gauge on the POL GasStop up and down steadily at least 4 to 6 times. The longer the distance the gas has to travel in the pipe or hose, the more you will need to pump. If insufficient pressure has been created, the GasStop will keep shutting off the gas supply. Double check at this point that your appliance is still switched off.
- The needle on the gauge should now indicate the gas pressure. If the needle is on zero, or below the red bar on the gauge, then the cylinder tap/valve is not open, GasStop has shut off, the gas has run out or you have not carried out sufficient pumping.
- Now turn off the tap on the gas cylinder and register the exact position of the needle on the gauge. Wait 60 seconds for Standard Installations and 5 minutes for longer gas systems (e.g RVs, caravans, motorhomes, boats and houses).
- At this point, pressurised gas is now held between the GasStop and your appliance(s).
- If the needle has dropped from its initial registered position at the end of the recommended period of waiting time, there is a leak (pressure decay). Do not use the gas system until the leak has been solved or repaired by an approved gas specialist.
- If, after pumping, the needle remains in the same position during the waiting time specified above, you can carefully start using the system.
POL GasStop will only shut-off in the event of a major leak. A major leak is defined as a sudden and dramatic change in the gas flow rate. The POL GasStop is calibrated to shut-off at ≥125% of the guaranteed flow rate (UL requirement). If GasStop were to be calibrated to shut-off in the event of a minor leak, this would interfere with the ‘normal’ usage/consumption of your gas appliance(s) – GasStop would shut-off every time you use your appliance(s). We have therefore calibrated the device to shut-off for major leaks only. UL standards state that an LPG shut-off device must be calibrated as described above.The POL GasStop will therefore not shut-off the supply of gas in the event of a minor leak.