Camping is a great way to enjoy the great outdoors with family & friends, whether your a seasoned camper or just getting started, here are a few key tips to consider when choosing a campsite.
* A good idea to find the best site to fit your needs would be to take a drive around the park and check out whats available, keep in mind of what camping needs to keep in mind, bathroom/shower house location is a plus, for convenience.
* Always arrive before dark, the best sites are usually taken by later in the day.
* When it comes to garbage containment, it's always good to not camp next to a dumpster, especially during a holiday weekend when the park can be extremely busy meaning there will be a lot of camp food scraps that will become rather "smelly" after a few hot days.. Find a tree that is upwind to tie up your garbage, this also helps to keep critters out.
* Avoid setting up camp in a high grassy area, makes a great insect haven.
* When camping always keep in mind how weather can make a difference in the outcome of your safety, Get the best protection from lightning by camping near a dense grouping of trees, all the same height in a low area away from water is always a good idea.
* and last but not least become familiar with identifying poison ivy and poison oak, when in doubt avoid "leaves of 3"
Following these simple guidelines will assure a safe and enjoyable camping trip.
For more great tips on camping visit our website at www.FamilyTentCamping.com